I play with making maps for role-playing games, and occasionally release detailed locations.
My long-term Ptolus campaign generated a number of locations, over a number of different game systems (including a Ptolus Dungeon World conversion). These were all DivNull Seeds, complete with sources:
- Bladechapel details a mansion in the city’s old town. We happened to use it as the site of a demon attack, but it is presented as a location for any purpose.
- Goth Gulgamel reworks a high-level dungeon from the setting into something a little less linear (as well as converting it to match our Ptolus Pathfinder conversion)
The One-Page Dungeon Contest provides a good byte-sized outlet for experimenting with map-making, new software, and adventure writing. Typically, I share the sources if the work is named one of the winners. DivNull entries have been:
- 2019: The Gold Canals of Irid’s Vault, winner
- 2014: Murky Dealings
- 2012: Seven Spindles and a McGuffin, “Best Modifiable Map” winner
- 2011: Escape From the Lost Laboratories, “Best Use of Teleportation” winner
Sometimes I need to remake an existing map, to alter something (or just create a vector version of it):
- Chiaroscuro, a city in Exalted
- The Demonweb, vectorized
- A map of Exalted’s First Age, as a tile mosaic
- Rathess, another city in Exalted