The next DivNull lark will match the first: a gift of $1000 to help bring an independently published story game to release within a year. That is, pitch me your idea for how you would use $1000 to either make a new game or improve an existing one that hasn’t been released, and I’ll donate $1000 to the idea I like best to help make it happen.
- Only pitches made as responses to this post, publicly, will be considered.
- No pitch made after 15 October 2010 will be considered.
- The donation will be made on or before 31 October 2010.
- If your pitch is selected, you have until the last minute of 31 October 2011 to make good on the idea. At that point, the world will know if you are person of your word, or a failure.
- This donation in no way affects any rights you have to your work. Nor does the donation create any liabilities from your work for the donator. Succeed or fail, you’re on your own.
- Payment will be made via PayPal, in United States currency. No exceptions.
The winner will be decided solely based on my
deliberation capricious whim; however, I do take advice. If you
see an entry you really like, feel free to lobby for it in a response
All responses to this blog are vetted manually before appearing. Historically, I am a bit slow at doing this. I will try to be more prompt for the next few weeks, but if your comment doesn’t show up right away, don’t panic.
Update: This contest is now closed to new submissions. I will, however, leave the comments open for people to give advice on the entries they like.